Corporate and Foundation Relations Officer – Job 91907
As Penn State pursues a fast-paced and focused campaign, A Greater Penn State for 21st Century Excellence, the Office of Corporate Engagement seeks a Director of Corporate Engagement for the Smeal College of Business. The Director will report to the Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Corporate Engagement and will be a part of both the Office of Corporate Engagement and the Smeal College of Business Development and Alumni Relations teams. Duties include:
- Managing a portfolio of Corporate Engagement Center prospects where Smeal is a strong lead in addition 20-30 companies that are specific to the College
- Moving portfolio relationships along the relationship continuum, expanding into multi-touchpoint and comprehensive engagements
- Structuring partnerships with industry that align with university, faculty and industry needs through collaborative partnerships with faculty and staff in research, career services and philanthropy departments
- Creating and fostering a collaborative work environment among interdisciplinary groups of faculty and staff
- Identifying and communicating with full team for each company assigned
- Working with full team to articulate university-wide strategy
- Creating annual plan for each assigned company based on strategy that includes: key leadership champion/s; cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship plans for philanthropy, research, and career services; alumni base cultivation
- Identifying, assessing, and cultivating high ranking alumni within assigned companies
- Identifying and cultivating research, career, philanthropy, venture capital, and other appropriate contacts within assigned companies
- Meeting regularly with directors and executives of assigned companies both within and outside of Pennsylvania to gain an understanding of strategic company needs and translate those into actionable workstreams
- Owning the corporate research collaboration kickoff process for new relationships, briefing the team on key terms and obligations from the contract and ensuring everyone knows and understands their roles and responsibilities in the collaboration.
The Director will work collaboratively with the dean, the Senior Director of Development and Alumni Relations, the AVP for Corporate Engagement, other senior administrators, and key faculty to advance the mission of Penn State and the Smeal College of Business to analyze and maximize the full spectrum of corporate engagement at the college, including
- Align strategic advancement initiatives with corporate engagement activities to identify opportunities to enhance those initiatives via corporate engagement and implement strategic plans for philanthropic support
- Identifying tiering criteria for the College
- Collecting and analyzing data related to the tiering criteria to determine the Director’s focus for the companies outside of the Corporate Engagement umbrella
- Designing and implementing a College specific stewardship plan for companies, while contributing to stewardship plans for those companies that have multi-campus and multi-college partnerships
- Determining a process for those companies engaged at the College but not in the Director’s portfolio
- Determining whether and when to convene a group of corporate engagement stakeholders within the College.
This job will be filled as a level 3, or level 4, depending upon the successful candidate’s competencies, education, and experience. Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher plus three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience for a level 3. Additional experience and/or education and competencies are required for higher level jobs. This position requires that you operate a motor vehicle as part of your job duties. A valid driver’s license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to standard background checks. This appointment is funded for one year from date of hire, with excellent possibility of re-funding.
Are you interested in learning more?
Our Talent Acquisition team reviews interested candidates and available positions. Submit some information about yourself below, and we’ll contact you if we find an appropriate opening.
NOTE: Submission of this form does not constitute an official application for employment consideration. Please visit psu.jobs to submit an official application.