Corporate and Foundation Relations Officer – Job 92038
As Penn State pursues a fast-paced and focused campaign, A Greater Penn State for 21st Century Excellence, the Office of Corporate Engagement seeks an Assistant/Associate Director of Corporate Engagement. As a member of the newly formed Corporate Engagement Center, you will play an integral role in the land-grant mission and future strength of Penn State. The Center is a joint venture between the Office of Research and the Office of University Development in close partnership with Career Services.
An entrepreneurial and experienced academic/industry relations professional is needed to engage corporations and corporate foundations as partners in supporting the University. The Assistant/Associate Director for Corporate Engagement reports to the Assistant Vice President of Corporate Engagement and works closely with colleagues both in central offices and across the University. The individual will manage a portfolio of key corporate partners and have responsibility for crafting a strategic plan for the companies under their management in order to build enduring relationships across research, philanthropy, and career services while incorporating all aspects of corporate engagement including professional development, alumni relations, and student engagement. Responsibilities also include:
- Moving portfolio relationships along the relationship continuum, expanding into multi-touchpoint and comprehensive engagement
- Structuring partnerships with industry that align with University, faculty and industry needs through collaborative partnerships with faculty and staff, including: creating annual plan for each assigned company based on strategy that includes: key leadership champion/s; cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship plans for philanthropy, research, and career services; alumni base cultivation; identifying, assessing, and cultivating high ranking alumni within assigned companies; identifying and cultivating research, career, philanthropy, venture capital, and other appropriate contacts within assigned companies; meeting regularly with directors and executives of assigned companies both within and outside of Pennsylvania to gain an understanding of strategic company needs and translate those into actionable workstreams
- Owning the corporate research collaboration kickoff process for new relationships, briefing the team on key terms and obligations from the contract and ensuring everyone knows and understands their roles and responsibilities in the collaboration.
This job will be filled as a level 3, or level 4, depending upon the successful candidate’s competencies, education, and experience. Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher plus three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience for a level 3. Additional experience and/or education and competencies are required for higher level jobs.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a professional background in the life sciences and/or biotechnology fields.
- Requires exemplary interpersonal and communication skills and a proven ability to self-motivate and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must have the capacity to travel, as needed, for solicitation and stewardship purposes and have a passion for higher education and an understanding of complex institutions.
- Requires an appreciation and understanding of diverse audiences and communities.
This position requires that you operate a motor vehicle as part of your job duties. A valid driver’s license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to standard background checks.
Are you interested in learning more?
Our Talent Acquisition team reviews interested candidates and available positions. Submit some information about yourself below, and we’ll contact you if we find an appropriate opening.
NOTE: Submission of this form does not constitute an official application for employment consideration. Please visit psu.jobs to submit an official application.