Major Gifts Officer 3—Job 89100
As Penn State pursues a fast-paced and focused campaign, A Greater Penn State for 21st Century Excellence, a top frontline fundraiser is needed in the role of Director of Major Gifts to engage alumni and friends as partners in supporting the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences. A leading earth science college with academic focus on energy, the environment and materials with five nationally recognized departments and five research institutes. Reporting directly to the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences (EMS) Director of Development and working closely with the College of EMS leadership, as well as other partners and central development offices, this major gifts officer will:
- Identify and cultivate a prospect pool of graduates and other key constituencies
- Plan and execute solicitation strategies leading to major gifts
- Travel extensively throughout the region and across the country to pursue these strategies and build enduring relationships, tracked to a fixed and appropriately aggressive set of fundraising metrics
- Supervise, train, and/or mentor other fundraisers and support staff, as assigned
- Articulate Penn State’s needs, ambitions, and values, including diversity, equity, and inclusion, through excellent informal and formal communications, including written proposals
This position requires a bachelor’s degree or higher plus five years of work-related experience. The successful candidate will also have:
- A track record of success in securing major gifts and meeting fundraising goals
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills, with a particular sensitivity to sophisticated, high-net worth audiences
- Impeccable writing, presentation skills, and ability to utilize various technologies
- A passion for higher education and an understanding of complex institutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of diversity, equity, and inclusion in higher education
- A dedication to and understanding of the skills required to build relationships with diverse communities
- A commitment to professional development, learning, and being mentored
Operation of a motor vehicle as part of the position’s duties and a valid driver’s license are required. Successful completion of a motor vehicle records check, in addition to standard background checks, is also required.
Are you interested in learning more?
Our Talent Acquisition team reviews interested candidates and available positions. Submit some information about yourself below, and we’ll contact you if we find an appropriate opening.
NOTE: Submission of this form does not constitute an official application for employment consideration. Please visit psu.jobs to submit an official application.