OUD Manager 2—Job 89287
As Penn State pursues a fast-paced and focused campaign, A Greater Penn State for 21st Century Excellence, a seasoned and successful fundraising leader is needed in the role of Director of Foundation Relations to engage donors as partners in supporting the University. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Principal Gifts, The Director of Foundation Relations will be responsible for increasing private philanthropy to the University as provided through family and private foundations.
The successful candidate will lead a professional team of five, including three gift officers and two support staff. In this role, the Director of Foundation Relations is expected to:
- Work collaboratively with campus deans and other senior administrators, college and campus directors of development, two campaign imperative directors, and key faculty to advance the mission of Penn State while maximizing gift support from foundation partners.
- Develop and implement an annual development plan focused on expanding and enhancing foundation relationships and increasing funding for top university priorities and key campaign initiatives
- Manage, mentor, and lead the foundation relations staff
- Work closely and collaboratively with other development team directors and directors of development throughout the organization
- Manage a personal portfolio of foundation prospects and provide oversight and guidance to team members who manage a broader portfolio of prospects
- Manage the department budget
- Participate in key development meetings
- Establish, track, and achieve key metrics and measures of success for the foundation relations office
- Articulate Penn State’s needs, ambitions, and values, including diversity, equity, and inclusion, through excellent informal and formal communications, including written proposals
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher (Master’s degree preferred), plus at least seven years of work-related experience. A work history in the area of foundation relations, either in an academic or nonprofit setting is preferred. The Director of Foundation Relations should also:
- Possess a creative approach to increasing fundraising success
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, exemplary interpersonal skills and demonstrate a genuine appreciation in working with diverse audiences
- Must be comfortable interacting with foundation executives and have demonstrated experience managing teams and interdisciplinary projects
- Have the ability to travel and represent Penn State
- Demonstrate knowledge of diversity, equity, and inclusion in higher education
- Show dedication to and understanding of the skills required to build relationships with diverse organizations
Operation of a motor vehicle as part of the position’s duties and a valid driver’s license are required. Successful completion of a motor vehicle records check, in addition to standard background checks, is also required.
Are you interested in learning more?
Our Talent Acquisition team reviews interested candidates and available positions. Submit some information about yourself below, and we’ll contact you if we find an appropriate opening.
NOTE: Submission of this form does not constitute an official application for employment consideration. Please visit psu.jobs to submit an official application.