Major Gifts Officer 1/2—Job 89586
As Penn State pursues a fast-paced and focused campaign, A Greater Penn State for 21st Century Excellence, a top frontline fundraiser is needed in the role of assistant or associate director of development to engage alumni and friends as partners in supporting the College of Engineering, one of the nation’s leading educators of world-class engineers and leading producers of world-class research. Reporting to the College of Engineering Senior Director of Development and working closely with the College of Engineering’s leadership, as well as other partners and central development offices, this Major Gifts Officer will:
- Identify and cultivate a prospect pool of graduates and other key constituencies
- Plan and execute solicitation strategies leading to major gifts
- Travel extensively throughout the region and across the country to pursue these strategies and build enduring relationships, tracked to a fixed and appropriately aggressive set of fundraising metrics
- Articulate Penn State’s needs, ambitions, and values, including diversity, equity, and inclusion, through excellent informal and formal communications, including written proposals.
This job will be filled as a level 1, or level 2, depending upon the successful candidate’s competencies, education, and experience. Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher plus one year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience for a level 1. Additional experience and/or education and competencies are required for higher level jobs. The successful candidate will also have:
- A track record of success in securing major gifts and meeting fundraising goals
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills
- A proven ability to self-motivate and work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated knowledge of diversity, equity, and inclusion in higher education
- A dedication to and understanding of the skills required to build relationships with diverse communities
- A commitment to professional development, learning, and being mentored
Operation of a motor vehicle as part of the position’s duties and a valid driver’s license are required. Successful completion of a motor vehicle records check, in addition to standard background checks, is also required.
Are you interested in learning more?
Our Talent Acquisition team reviews interested candidates and available positions. Submit some information about yourself below, and we’ll contact you if we find an appropriate opening.
NOTE: Submission of this form does not constitute an official application for employment consideration. Please visit psu.jobs to submit an official application.