Major Gifts Officer 3– Job 86790
As Penn State pursues a fast-paced and focused campaign, A Greater Penn State for 21st Century Excellence, a top frontline fundraiser is needed in the role of Director of Major Gifts to engage alumni and friends as partners in supporting the Smeal College of Business, ranked among the top 20 business schools in the country and among the top 100 in the world. Reporting directly to the Smeal’s Director of Development and working closely with Smeal’s leadership, as well as other partners and central development offices, this major gifts officer will:
- Identify and cultivate a prospect pool of graduates and other key constituencies
- Plan and execute solicitation strategies leading to major gifts
- Travel extensively throughout the region and across the country to pursue these strategies and build enduring relationships, completing 15 visits a month
- Supervise, train, and/or mentor other fundraisers and support staff, as assigned
- Articulate Penn State’s needs, ambitions, and values, including diversity, equity, and inclusion, through excellent informal and formal communications, including written proposals
This position requires a bachelor’s degree or higher plus five years of work-related experience. The successful candidate will also have:
- A track record of success in securing major gifts and meeting fundraising goals
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills
- A proven ability to self-motivate and work both independently and as part of a team
- A passion for higher education and an understanding of complex institutions
- Appreciation and understanding of diverse audiences and communities
Operation of a motor vehicle as part of the position’s duties and a valid driver’s license are required. Successful completion of a motor vehicle records check, in addition to standard background checks, is also required.
Are you interested in learning more?
Our Talent Acquisition team reviews interested candidates and available positions. Submit some information about yourself below, and we'll contact you if we find an appropriate opening.
NOTE: Submission of this form does not constitute an official application for employment consideration. Please visit psu.jobs to submit an official application.