Major Gifts Officer 3 – Job 87181
As Penn State pursues a fast-paced and focused campaign, A Greater Penn State for 21st Century Excellence, a top frontline fundraiser is needed in the role of Director of Major Gifts to engage alumni and friends as partners in supporting the College of Liberal Arts, considered one of the leading public liberal arts colleges in the U.S. Reporting directly to the College of Liberal Arts Senior Director of Development and Alumni Relations and working closely with the college’s dean and academic leadership, as well as other partners and central development offices, this major gifts officer will:
- Identify and cultivate a prospect pool of prospects and other key constituencies
- Plan and execute solicitation strategies leading to major gifts
- Travel extensively throughout assigned territory to pursue these strategies and build enduring relationships, completing 15 visits per month
- Supervise, train, and/or mentor other fundraisers and support staff, as assigned
- Articulate Penn State’s needs, ambitions, and values, including diversity, equity, and inclusion, through excellent informal and formal communications, including written proposals.
This position typically requires a bachelor’s degree or higher and five years or more of combined major gifts and related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The successful candidate will also have:
- A track record of success in securing major gifts and meeting fundraising goals
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to self-motivate and work both independently and as part of a team
- A passion for higher education and an understanding of complex institutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of diversity, equity, and inclusion in higher education
Operation of a motor vehicle as part of the position’s duties and a valid driver’s license are required. Successful completion of a motor vehicle records check, in addition to standard background checks, is also required.
Are you interested in learning more?
Our Talent Acquisition team reviews interested candidates and available positions. Submit some information about yourself below, and we’ll contact you if we find an appropriate opening.
NOTE: Submission of this form does not constitute an official application for employment consideration. Please visit psu.jobs to submit an official application.